Voter ID Card And Alternatives
The voter ID card is an important document to have in India. Not only is it necessary to have one to vote, it also acts as proof of identity. Citizens that lack all other paperwork can get by in most situations with the singular voter card. However, this election card is not issued to citizens at birth. It comes into effect when they turn 18, old enough to take part in the elections. This process does not happen automatically. It is important for every citizen to have a voter id card and only then the person can vote. Once that is done and person has it, it will become much easier.
Citizens that are of age are expected to apply for their voter ID card immediately.
- This can be done both online and offline, depending on the more convenient method. You just need to know the procedure well and once you know that then there will be no problem and you can do it from the comfort of your home or office.
- To apply for the voter card online, one needs to visit the official website for the Election Commission.
- This can be found as www.nvsp.in. This is the website you need to visit to get the voter id card.
- From there, select the option to enroll for a new card and you should be up and running.
- Upon doing so, you enter the voter registration card process.
The steps are fairly simple and the provision of data does not take up much time. It is generally simpler to apply online.
It will be processed within a month if you apply online. You don’t need to go through the voter ID search process either. It will simply be delivered to your address within days of being issued.
After the application process, keep an eye on the voter card status. This can be done online as well.
- Simply select the option for voter ID search.
- Check for your application number.
- You will see the progress of the voter card online.
Even if you don’t have the voter ID card ready but have applied for it, other documents can be used as an election card. Any other government issues proof of residence and identity, such as the passport, Aadhar Card or PAN Card can be used in lieu of a card that is being processed.
Written by Mohd, Posted on 19/06/2016